Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rom Spaceknight #2

Inspired by the uber-talented folks over at Covered, I figured I'd try my hand at re-drawing a cover. I dipped into The Box and pulled out Rom Spaceknight #2 from January 1980 and decided to give it a go because it wasn't super complicated. The original cover is by Al Milgrom (I'm assuming it's all, there's no credits along with the rest of the credits and the word "Milgrom" is written just above the UPC).


I thought about going ahead and coloring the whole thing, but I didn't want to screw it up. Maybe I'll print it out and color it or something. Anyway, as you can see, my lazer blasts are off from the original and the lazer hits because I kind of forgot about how that would work when I went through and drew over the pencils with a Sharpie. It was a lot of fun going through and doing the "inking" with the Sharpie. Oh, also, my cat spilled a beer on my notebook during the penciling stages. I was working on it, then went to do something in the other room to come back to see my beer tipped over and my notebook wet. Luckily there wasn't too much damage, nothing was lost and I was able to finish the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment