Monday, October 5, 2009

Halloween Scene: Lost Boys Reign Of The Frogs (2008)

I already admitted to not really paying attention to Lost Boys: The Tribe, so I figured I should give this miniseries that came out from WildStorm to bridge the gap between the two movies a shot. And you know what? I liked it.

It's written by Hans Rodionoff and drawn by Joel Gomez. I'm not familiar with Rodionoff, but I've seen Gomez's art on Gelatometti, the WildStorm artist blog (one of my favorite artist blogs out there) and have liked what I've seen. So there's two stories going on here. There's a wraparound story with a kid who I'm guessing was in the sequel, but I can't remember, going to Edgar Frog (Corey Feldman) in 2007 asking to be trained in the art of killing vampires. The other story flashes back to 1990 after the events of the first movie and features all your favorite characters, minus Michael and Star who are running around somewhere. I won't get into the details too much, but it was fun seeing the familiar faces again, even if they don't necessarily look like the actors. You also get to find out some interesting things about Grandpa and vampires in general. Oh, plus, politician vampires, a house full of hot Goth vamp chicks and even your first look at the Widow Johnson.

Now, I can see how this book might upset some fans as there are some pretty huge continuity shake-ups and they even kinda sorta got to me, but you know what? It's just a comic. I love them as much as anyone, but this comic isn't going to take away from my enjoyment of the movie next time I watch it. All in all, good stuff that's worth a read if you're a fan of the movie.

[post does not go on]

No comments:

Post a Comment