Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Scene: Castle "Vampire Weekend"

I'm a little surprised that the internet is still standing after tonight's episode of Castle called "Vampire Weekend." Not only did set pictures of star Nathan Fillion dressed as Mal from Firefly cause quite a stir last week (maybe two back), but there were also a series of Buffy and comic book references. I do have to say that I swear I've seen another procedural show like this with a very similar plot: a "vampire" gets killed, during the investigation we learn about that disease where people can't go out in the son (or that one where they love drinking blood thanks to their iron deficiency), and at some point we find out the victim worked on a comic or graphic novel that gives some clue to the crime. Maybe it was an episode of CSI, that's starting to sound right.

Anyway, I couldn't pay much attention to the beginning because I was on the phone with my folks, but Em filled me on after I hung up and made nachos. Overall, it was another good episode, though I did find myself confused and, being such a comic nerd, I called bullshit on a few things (that dude's art didn't look like Frank Miller and who uses ink for lettering anymore?), but it was fun. Too bad I missed most of the geek stuff. I was hoping that Kate would turn up at the final Halloween party wearing a costume referencing Buffy or Firefly (or maybe even Drive), but it was a no go. As of now the episode isn't up on Hulu yet, but it probably will be by tomorrow, so you should check it out.

[post does not go on]

No comments:

Post a Comment