Friday, October 9, 2009

Ice Pirates Is Crazy

I know I've been only half paying attention to a lot of movies lately. It's because I like to have something on in the background while I'm looking for jobs online or trying to scrounge of freelance. Also, I may or may not be addicted to my new laptop. Either way, it takes a lot for a movie to really hold my attention and while Ice Pirates (1984) may not have done it for the entire movie, there were some ridiculously funny parts that I've been able to find clips of on YouTube so you can share in the enjoyment. As you can probably tell from the poster, the movie is a Star Wars/sci-fi spoof that's a little more serious than Space Truckers and Star Slammer. They live in a universe where water is at a premium, hence the name "ice pirates." It also stars Robert Urich, Anjelica Huston, Bruce Vilanch, John Carradine and Ron Perlman.

First off, I present to you "space herpes."



This one may not be safe for work, but you can't go wrong with a robot 70s style pimp.



Admittedly, this is the end of the movie and a huge spoiler, but you're treated to time being sped up, which results in everyone getting super old and moving in sped up cuts thanks to a time bomb. It's pretty ridiculous in a good way.



[post does not go on]

No comments:

Post a Comment