Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Scene: "Treehouse of Horror XX" (2009)

I know a lot of people think The Simpsons is crap now, but I can't agree with that. I will say that I'm maybe not as interested in the show as I used to be. I have been watching this show since I was about six (feeling...so...old). Anyway, thanks to some overtime football, Amazing Race got bumped back an hour, so we watched the twentieth installment of Treehouse of Horror (which I always want to call Treehouse of Terror for some reason) and I had a great time!

From the opening with the Universal Monsters nod to the final segment with its weird/cool stage presentation I was laughing and having fun. The first one, called "Dial M for Murder or Press # to Return to Main Menu" combined a bunch of Alfred Hitchcock references of movies that I'm embarrassed to say I haven't seen. So, there were probably some spoilers in there, but what are you gonna do? The second one "Don't Have a Cow, Mankind" was right up my alley with it's zombie-ness and especially thanks to the 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later references. And finally "There's No Business Like Moe Business" was just super cool. The story was fun and funny, but it was really the presentation of it as a play that we got to see some of the background goings-on. Fun stuff. If you missed it, you can watch it right here:



[post does not go on]

No comments:

Post a Comment