Sunday, October 4, 2009

Halloween Scene: Maniac Cop 2 (1990)

I liked the first Maniac Cop flick because it mixed actors I love with a fairly interesting concept. This sequel was enjoyable for a whole other reason: it's completely insane. Not only are our heroes from the first movie killed off, but the guy from The Profiler (Robert Davi) takes their place trying to find out what the deal with the maniac cop is.

In this installment, MC's pretty focused on hurting the good guys and victims and helping the bad guys (to an extent). There's a whole section of the movie where he actually befriends a serial killer. And it's not just a simple team-up, MC goes to his crib, they hang out, MC has a flashback to how he was killed and MC even speaks. There's a lot else going on but it's not really that interesting.

Seeing as how this is the sequel, the ante is upped as far as kills and effects (now, whether they're good or not is up to the viewer). Good or bad we see MC's not-so-pretty face a lot more. He also sports a billy club that hides a knife. I think it's only used once and I have no idea where he got it (he was last scene crashing into a lake or river or something). Also where does he keep getting clean policeman's uniforms?

Like I said, it's not a GOOD movie, but it's fun enough and I can't recommend a better slasher to check out so early in October. And it's on NetBox, so you can just queue it up and check it out. I'll probably be finishing out the trilogy this week.

OH. I almost forgot because I watched this a few weeks back actually, but MC2 has something else to offer fans of the weird: an end credits rap that is completely 1990 it's absolutely worth a listen.



[post does not go on]

No comments:

Post a Comment