Monday, September 14, 2009

RIP Patrick Swayze

Though his IMDb pages hasn't even been updated with the information as of this writing (8:47PM EST), I've heard the news about Patrick Swayze passing away and am definitely bummed out. These kinds of things don't usually bother me too much because it's hard to mourn for someone you don't really know. But, thanks to movies like Road House (one of my all time favorite movies, movie watching experiences and movie to turn others onto), The Outsiders, Donnie Darko, Red Dawn and Point Break (and even Dirty Dancing which I saw for the firs time a few years ago with Em because it's one of her favorite movies), I do feel like Swayze gave me so many hours of entertainment that I can legitimately mourn the man. Hell, Road House was the highlight of the very first Many Movie Night we had.

In honor of the man, here's a look at my favorite posters and images from his movies.













So, pour one out for your homey Swayze and remember. "All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice."

1 comment: