Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mix Master: The Man In The Yellow Hat

Last night I found myself in an unfortunate situation. I had discovered a big bottle of Teacher's Highland Cream Scotch Whisky, which is amazing. I tried it out with the very last of my Diet Dr. Pepper (gotta watch my figure now that I'm just sitting around all day for the foreseeable future), but then I was left with nothing to mix my next drink with. What's a boy to do?

Well, we've got this big bottle of Jagermeister and some lemonade, so I figured what the hell? (The onion is not part of the recipe).


You can also see that I like to drink my cocktails out of a McDonalds glass from 1977. I don't usually use shot glasses for measurements, so I just pour until most of the ice is covered (3 cubes), or, when you're using the Mayor McCheese cup, up to the bottom of the big bicycle wheel.


Then, just fill it up with lemonade and there you go. It takes on a root beer like color, but tastes nothing like it. I'll be honest I wasn't sure if the deer blood in the Jager would coagulate when it came into contact with the lemonade, but it mixed pretty well and tasted like, well, lemonade and Jager.


So, here you have The Man In The Yellow Hat, a drink that may already exist under another name. To be honest, the only research I did was putting the name in Google to see if it popped up anywhere else (which is why it's not called The Yellow Submarine). Next time you're in a bar and feeling adventurous (and like explaining yourself to the bartender) give The Man In The Yellow Hat a shot!

1 comment:

  1. I know a guy who asks for a "winwood" when he orders a miller high life- alluding to the infamous tune by steve winwood "back in the high life again." he often has to explain himself to bartenders, yet he persists in ordering winwoods.

    ReplyDelete