Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New England's A Weird Place

As I alluded to in the past few days, I was gone on a mini trip last weekend with Em to visit her parents and grandma in a Massachusetts coastal town called Ipswitch. Em's grandma used to live there and now she rents a cabin (or camp as she calls it) every year towards the end of the summer for a month and we try and make it out every year. This year's trip was pretty interesting as it rained for most of the 4 hour drive there and was generally miserable as far as the weather goes for Friday and Saturday (luckily it got really nice on Sunday and we were able to enjoy the sun while Em's aunt, uncle and cousins came to visit).

Have I mentioned that I love having a phone that takes pretty good pictures that I can easily put on my computer? If not I do. And thanks to it, I can share these pics with you. Make it through the house and beach ones and I promise you a picture of an epic T-Rex image unlike anything you've seen before!

Here's a few pics of the camp itself, the surroundings and the incredible view of the ocean. It's not the most pleasant place to be when it's pouring rain and cold, but when it's nice, it's amazing. As a side note, I apparently can't sleep in a wooden cabin with the wind and rain banging against a house. Good to know.





To keep ourselves busy on Saturday we went to a little town I don't remember the name of, but they had this amazing store called Enchanted Forest.


EC had some amazingly weird stuff including Life Is Crap shirts, I like this one about whiskey.


Then, I turned to my right and saw this EPIC T-shirt featuring two T-Rexes fighting on a mountain with lightning in the background! Too bad they only had kid sizes.


Not wanting to solely focus on dinosaurs, EC also has plenty of things starring dragons, like this statue and snowglobe.




While walking through town I also saw a TON of these posters hanging around.


In case you can't read it, here's the various text boxes from top down and left to right. "I Fall For You." "Modern couples/Used to be gay...going straight?" "Time Traveling Lesbian!/Her Amazon Adventure." "Sexy parlor games/Turn tables on cheating hubby!" "Woman finds her gynecologist in a singles bar!" "Missing member turns up...in church!" "Mr. Happy's shocking leap of death!" And finally, at the bottom "A few short plays about sex and romance." Yes, that all does sound very romantical.

We also got a glimpse of these pop culture rubber duckies, gotta love that someone thought it'd be a good idea to turn one of the most revered comedians of his day who died far too young thanks to drugs and alcohol into a rubber ducky. Oh, plus a slasher.



And on the way home I saw these mints at TJ Maxx, and because I'm truly 14 at heart, took a picture and giggled like a school girl.

2 comments:

  1. Those mints are delicious and the thin but curved metal slide container fits perfectly in back pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newburyport, we visited Newburyport...

    ReplyDelete