Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Casting Internets

First off, I just wanted to thank everyone for coming to the site, as of today I've gotten 5,007 hits since the site launched in April. I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am. I was planning on updating the site away from the basic Blogger template, but since I'm no longer employed, that will have to wait. Do keep an eye out for a brand new logo coming your way soon and a few other original art do-dads.

A lot's been going on and I'm still playing catch up, but I wanted to link to a few things I've seen on the net lately.

First off, check out Rickey's awesome Patrick Swayze tribute. He's planning on doing a different Swayze drawing every day for the rest of this month and I can't think of a better tribute to a dude we both loved.


In lighter news, the Brickehousebunny21/Topless Robot/WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS shenanigans got kicked up a notch today as Brickehousebunny21 threatened Rob with "Everyone here is in trouble now..." Do yourself a favor and read the full post and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can get all the info you need from this post I did yesterday.

In Wires Science news, a couple of college students built a camera that took pictures of the edge of space for under $150. Kinda makes me wish I had a knack for science. Also, here's a picture of a girl in zero gravity sporting a Supergirl costume. I didn't really readthe article, but that's a rad pic.


Over on Enemy of Peanuts, Jim posted some pictures from All Points West, looks like it would have been a lot of fun and I'm super jealous of him for getting to see Jay-Z live even if he was replacing the Beastie Boys. I gotta see Hova one of these days.


Meanwhile, over at The Cool Kids Table, Ben's been posting like crazy, whether it's about the original Suicide Squad run (a great book he turned me on to), the X-Men arcade game (in the top 3 up there with TMNT and The Simpsons) or going away presents that former and formerly former ToyFare staffers got (awesome custom toys), it's all goodness.

And finally, a note to the ladies, if you're going to kiss Captain Kirk, watch out for that last step, it's a doozey:

No comments:

Post a Comment