Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Halloween Scene: Mother of Tears (2007)

2008-11-04
9:06:42 pm

As regular readers will remember, my review of the first of Dario Argento's Three Mothers trilogy, Suspiria was a bit of a disaster. Well, I made it through Mother of Tears and, while I didn't necessarily understand it and it took me two nights to actually watch it, it was a crazy movie. Aside from Dario's daughter Asia running around naked for part of the flick (which has gotta be awkward, I'd assume) there's plenty of other nudity and gore, all the things you might expect from Dario.


I'm not going to get into the plot too much, but basically people start going crazy after some kind of evil gets released (I assume it's the Mother of Tears). The main parts I remember are the jerkiest monkey since Pirates of the Caribbean, a woman getting cut open and then strangled with her own intestines and then a woman getting impaled by what looks like the top of the Washington Monument. Oh and a witch girl getting her head smashed in a train door.


I completely admit that I wasn't really paying that much attention, but my expectations were pretty low after Suspiria. After reading up on the trilogy, I didn't feel like I missed anything by not seeing Inferno, so don't worry about that. But I'm also not a huge Argento fan, so I wasn't really looking forward to it. But it's definitely worth checking out if for no other reason than the crazy awesome gore. Plus the ladies are hot. What more do you need? A coherent, easy to follow story? Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment