Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Number One With A Bullet

2008-08-15
3:50:32 am

Hey Gang, so, I'm not a big werewolf movie fan. It's one of the many things I share with Brian over at

Horror Movie a Day. So, when I read about how much he liked the Stephen King-based Corey Haim, Gary Busey, Terry O'Quinn, Lawrence Tierney werewolf movie from 1985 called Silver Bullet. I'm actually going to let his

review speak for me as I essentially agree with him completely.






I will say, that I really enjoyed seeing Terry O'Quinn in something besides Locke (and the boss from Old School) and Tierney as someone besides Joe from Reservoir Dogs. It's fun seeing these guys in other rolls when you're so used to seeing them as specific characters.


Also, I gotta say that I found this to be a pretty effective movie. The werewolf effects weren't great, but there was a Jaws-like sense of suspense by not showing him all too much. The mystery of who the wolf really is isn't the main thrust of the flick, but it is a pretty tense moment when you find out who it really is.


And finally, you just can't go wrong with Busey. He basically plays a slightly less crazy version of himself now and even adlibbed a lot of his lines, which King himself approved (if IMDB is to be believed). Good stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment