Monday, November 16, 2009

Gap Holiday Commercial Leaves Me Feeling Conflicted


I spend a lot of time in front of a TV these days. Working from home/being unemployed will do that to you. I should be going places and putting this laptop to good use or maybe listening to music instead, but TV is my drug and I'm mainlining. As it is, I've seen the above Gap holiday commercial probably a hundred times since it started appearing on my TV like a wraith. But like I said I'm conflicted. Aside from the fact that the jingle is annoying as all get out, it seems kind of ridiculous to try and deconstruct holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa ("We'll do what just feels right"). I understand the sentiment behind it, but don't we do "what just feels right" every other day? These holidays are some of the only traditions that a lot of people still hold. But more than that, it's REALLY ANNOYING. On the other hand I do like dancing and I'm pretty sure the girl that tries to surf the guy at the very end did hurt herself when she fell, so that's a plus.

[post does not go on]

No comments:

Post a Comment