Thursday, April 9, 2009

In Search of a Mini Monster With a Ball

Okay, so as many of you know, I'm a big fan of horror movies. For the most part horror flicks remained a terrifying mystery that I didn't want anything to do with until I turned 14 and could ride my bike up to the nearby Family Video where you could get six tapes for $3 and the clerks were pretty lax when it came to checking IDs.



But, I actually saw my first horror movie years earlier. Well, the REAL first horror movie I saw was on accident when my parents were out of town and the babysitter had some friends over to watch Evil Dead. I happened to come downstairs during the infamous tree rape scene. Actually, that night is probably why I wanted nothing to do with horror movies. I was scarred.

But, back to the whole point of this post. The first full horror movie I remember seeing involved some kind of tiny monster and a ball bouncing down the steps. I always assumed it was Troll or Troll 2, but I just checked both flicks out last week and I was surprised to find that I had no recollection of either flick. It's obviously not either of the Gremlins movies and I thought it wasn't Leprechaun, which I've seen in the past few years and didn't seem to remember either.

So, I'm at a loss. I've got the first two Ghoulies movies from Netflix and have gone through the first one. No luck again. Maybe it's Critters? Rickey suggested a Stephen King anthology flick called Cat's Eye that's luckily on Netflix Instant. Anyone else got any suggestions? I know the description is hardly helpful, but maybe someone else has a suggestion I can check out. I'm having a great time going through these mini monster movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment