Friday, April 17, 2009

Does Anyone Watch The Mentalist?

Because, this commercial is really bugging me.




See, towards the end the guy who is The Mentalist asks a bunch of people who killed Cara Palmer and tries tricking them into admitting they did it. Now, I'm not sure how many of you watched Twin Peaks (one of the best shows of all time), but the victim there was named Laura Palmer. And it was set in a wooded area. And the FBI agent sent to solve the case used tricks like this (maybe even this exact one, I can't quite remember).

So, what I want to know is if anyone has watched both Twin Peaks and this episode, which is apparently called "Redwood." The only people I "know" who watch this show are the guys on The Totally Rad Show, specifically Alex Albrecht who got the rest of the guys to watch it. What's the verdict, is this an homage to Twin Peaks, a rip off or just coincidence? Help me Alex Albrecht, you're my only hope!

4 comments:

  1. i thinks its a homage. The setting is eerily similliar, the names, if i remember right...there was another girl with laura palmer when she was murdered and who is later found in a very traumatized state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought too, but apparently UnitedMonkee and The Mentalist don't bring in the same people, so maybe I'll never know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching this episode of The Mentalist right now, it is VERY similar to Twin Peaks. Small town girl, not as innocent as she appears, is murdered, another girl is abducted and suffers from memory loss when she is found. I think it's an homage, there are too many similarities, if it is a rip off they haven't disguised it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, thanks for reporting back. I was thinking it was an homage because, like you said, it's just too much like TP. I think I'd like to watch this episode with David Lynch, just to see what he has to say about it.

    ReplyDelete