Thursday, August 20, 2009

Casting Internets

A few months back (maybe 6 actually) I tore through Dennis Lehane's Shutter Island in just two days. Now, I'm a slow reader, so you know a book's gotta be pretty damn engrossing for me to stay focused that long. When I heard it was going to be turned into a movie, I was skeptical, but with Martin Scorsese directing and Leo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo and Ben Kingsley involved my fears were alleviated. But really, who cares? I've always got the rad book to go back to (assuming Rickey ever finishes it and gives it back). Anyway, today, AWESOME/Film showed off the Japanese poster today:



This is from a couple days back, but Bruce Willis has confirmed that he's going to be in The Expendables. As you know, I'm crazy excited about this movie, but with each new announcement, it gets closer and closer to the epic, three-part Many Movie Men TTT we did about a year back. Maybe we'll even get a cut! (via /Film.)

Last week I had the pleasure of attending a holiday preview for Sega games. It was in a swanky Manhattan hotel penthouse which was pretty rad and it went really well, except for the intense heat combined with the 15-20 block walk. The two highlights were getting to see Iron Man 2 and Aliens vs. Predator getting played. AVP looks like it will be amazing, you can play as human marines, aliens or Predatprs (for those of you who don't know, I freaking LOVE Predators). Check out AVP screenshots at /Gamer.

Turns out that Geoff Johns is co-writing the Shazam movie. As readers might remember, it's a character I like but don't have a strong tie to, which means it can't possibly disappoint me (especially if they grab the Rock to play Black Adam!!!). Plus, Johns is a super nice guy. I just hope this doesn't take him away from the DCU too much as he's writing some of the best damn comics out there. (via /Film.)

Finally, Jay-Z's "D.O.A." is amazing. Love the use of actual instruments (at least in the video) and can't wait for the release of The Blueprint Vol. 3 on September 11 (it's weird looking forward to that date).

No comments:

Post a Comment